ClustrMaps

The roadrunner is back as never before! See also: My homepage or my very obsolete site
If by any means entries in my blog are considered to be harmful or damaging, please let me know (add comment) or just mail me. In this (unhopely) case I will remove or change the contents.

Saturday, September 08, 2007

The IT world is a mystic world.
It consists of many strange phenomenas.

The mystery of:
  • the missing transactions
  • the dropping connections
  • the orphaned assets
  • the disappearing plus signs
In html (using AJAX, but does that matter?) + signs typed-in disappear.
However if a + sign is in the data, it shows nicely and wil not disappear after updating the database record.
With a little help of my friend Google, this indeed is a known feature, see f.i.:

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=356088
It seems that any plus signs (+) in a message disappear (there should be a plus sign between those parentheses in the message preview, but isn't) in the preview window. What's up with that?

What will be the next surprise or annoyance?

1 comment:

Jan said...

Haha Jos. Ik was jouw unieke gave om met woorden te toveren en dit te vermengen met voor de gewone burger bijna niet te begrijpen ICT talk bijna vergeten. Heerlijk. En ook uniek.

En nu maar hopen dat ik zo geen error krijg als ik dit ga posten...

Groeten

Jan

Blog Archive